5 reasons to get a good night’s sleep:
Taking a bath in water that’s a neutral temperature—meaning that it’s similar to the temperature of the human body, or around 94-98 degrees F—can be beneficial before bed. “This can provide a relaxing effect on the nervous system of the body”
What’s so great about getting into the tub? Here are 8 reasons you should draw a bath tonight.
1. Baths Can Elevate Your Mood – bathing induces feelings of comfort and easiness, and that kind of security allows your mind, and subsequently your body, to relax.
2. They Can Help You Sleep Better – Soaking in a warm bath will raise your body temperature, and exiting will more rapidly cool it down, thus instigating the production of melatonin, and better preparing you for sleep.
3. A Hot Bath Can Help Relieve Muscle Pain – Heat will get your blood moving, which is not only great for circulation (more on that later) but can also help sore or tight muscles to relax. The addition of Dead Sea Salt salts in your warm bath has been proven to help reduce inflammation in your joints caused by arthritis or other muscular diseases. The anti-inflammatory properties of salt baths have also shown to have positive effects on people suffering from metabolic diseases like type 2 diabetes.
4. Baths Can Soothe Irritated Skin- While scalding baths can make your skin more irritated, a warm bath—in combination with certain essential oils, like coconut, olive, or lavender, and also oatmeal—can better hydrate and heal dry or irritated skin. Plus, aromatherapy is great for regulating your mood or reducing stress. 6.
6. Baths Can Relieve Cold And Flu Symptoms – by adding to the bath eucalyptus oil, which is:
- An antiseptic oil,
- Gently stimulating and painkilling.
- It relieves: flu, colds, coughs, bronchitis, rheumatism, muscle fatigue (strain), mental fatigue, skin inflammation,